Gosport Borough Council’s Regulatory Board has resolved to approve the hybrid planning submission for the mixed-use redevelopment of Daedalus Waterfront (October 25th 2023).
Daedalus Development Company’s proposals for the 42-acre site include:
- 24,500 sqm of new, modern employment and industrial space.
- 5,200 sqm of commercial space for new businesses and jobs in the Solent Enterprise Zone.
- 346 new mixed-tenure homes, 76 of which will be refurbishments of the existing heritage buildings including the historic barracks square.
- New community services and facilities, including a public park.
- A world-class visitor attraction at Seaplane Square and The Hovercraft Museum.
Cllr Peter Chegwyn, Leader of Gosport Borough Council, said: “This is great news for the Gosport area. The Daedalus development will provide much-needed new housing and jobs, and also has the benefit of saving several historic buildings and bringing them back into use after years of decay. We look forward to working closely with the developers as they progress the project.”
For more details, including the full press release from Daedalus Development Company, visit the Daedalus Waterfront website.